SB5500Conventional and Organic Use
SB5500 is the answer for your post-harvest residue digestion and soil maintenance program. It is a consortium of living beneficial microorganisms that have the ability to degrade a wide variety of organic polymers such as starch, cellulose, chitin, and lignin. It is 100% naturally occurring and non-pathogenic, and is not genetically modified. It is non-toxic, non-corrosive, and is safe to use around plants and animals, and is compatible with most other conventional and organic products. SB5500 can be applied to most soils for agricultural crops and gardens.
When is SB5500 Applied?
SB5500 is applied post-harvest in combination with other SoilBiotics products and soil inputs*.
SB5500 is a part of SoilBiotics Conventional and Organic residue digester programs and commercial/residential gardening programs**.
Benefits of using SoilBiotics SB5500:
- Breaks down fall residue to reduce disease and insect pressure for the next crop
- Degrades dead plant tissue converting it to valuable organic matter
- Breaks down waxy lignins and fats in dead plant residue
- Has ability to increase organic matter and CEC in the soil
- Helps mineralize fall and spring dry plant food
- Creates a good decay system in the soil
- Promotes aeration in the soil (O2) for enhanced microbial life
- Can be tanked mixed with a fall annual herbicide application
- Mitigate salt in the soil and breaks down cellulose from plant residue.
- Work in the lower rhizosphere of the soil releasing soluble phosphorous for plant uptake.
- Free up calcium tied up in the soil making is available for plant uptake and will hold nitrogen in the soil.
*SB5500 is normally applied in combination with other SoilBiotics products, fertilizers and herbicides. A physical compatibility test is recommended.
**See Product Label for specific combinations and application instructions.
Storage Stability: Store product in a cool location in its original container. Use handling procedures that minimize exposure to the product. SB5500 should be used within the growing season for which it was purchased.
Give your soil a running start on next year’s performance with SoilBiotics SB5500!
NOTE: Organic 4r – Foliar Concentrate is currently CDFA approved and can be approved by some Organic Certifiers. However, Organic 4r – Foliar Concentrate is not currently OMRI Listed but is under review. You can substitute 1 gallon Organic 3r – Growth Boost for every 1 pound of Organic 4r – Foliar Concentrate instead.